Age Connects Cardiff and the Vale
Unit 4 Cleeve House, Lambourne Crescent, Llanishen, Cardiff, CF14 5GP
Telephone: 029 2068 3604 (see below for numbers for specific services)
Age Connects Cardiff and the Vale will help and support older people, especially those who are vulnerable, isolated and in poverty.
The charity’s aims are to:
- Enable older people to secure and uphold their rights at times when they may be vulnerable.
- Provide independent, accurate and up to date information.
- Provide a wide range of information and a variety of services through volunteers.
- Recruit, train, support and supervise volunteers.
- Provide support for older people to remain living in their home of choice for as long as they wish.
- Provide health and wellbeing through the delivery of a range of holistic activities.
- Provide opportunities for older people to participate and engage as active citizens.
- Ageing Well – providing recreational activities and classes.
- Advocacy – supporting people in care homes.
- Cancer and Older People Advocacy – providing independent advocacy for those affected by cancer.
- Hospital Discharge – a registered domiciliary care service supporting people after a stay in hospital.
- Keeping People Connected – helping people to remain engaged in the community or to provide home visits for those who are housebound.
- Nail Cutting Service – The service costs £12 and there are some medical restrictions.
- Advocacy Service in Care Homes for Dementia Sufferers
Vale only services include:
- Good Neighbour Schemes
- Welfare Rights
- Advocacy Service for Dementia Sufferers
Ageing Well – 029 2233 1113 and 01446 732385
Advocacy – 029 2068 3683 and 01446 795632
Cancer and Older People Advocacy – 029 2068 3681
Hospital Discharge Service – 029 2068 3693
Keeping People Connected – 029 2240 0029
Nail Cutting Service – 029 2233 1113
Advocacy Service for Dementia Sufferers - 029 2068 3685
Vale only services:
Good Neighbour Schemes - 01446 795 549
Welfare Rights - 029 2068 3682