Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW)
Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW)
We are the independent regulator of social care and childcare in
We register, inspect and take action to improve the quality and
safety of services for the well-being of the people of Wales.
- We carry out functions on behalf of Welsh Ministers.
- We decide who can provide services.
- We inspect and drive improvement of regulated services and
local authority social services.
- We take action to ensure services meet legislative and
- Children's homes.
- Services for children under 12.
- Domiciliary care agencies.
- Nurses' agencies.
- Adult placement schemes.
- Care homes include homes that provide nursing care.
- Independent fostering agencies.
- Voluntary adoption agencies.
Telephone: 0300 7900 126
Fax: 0872 437 7301
Care Inspectorate Wales
Welsh Government office
Twitter - @Care_wales
Facebook - Care Inspectorate