Carers Wales (a part of Carers UK)
Tel: 029 2081 1370
Carers Wales is here to make life better for carers and with Carers UK:
- We connect carers so no-one has to care alone – By joining us you become part of a community of carers who can support you through the ups and downs of looking after someone.
- We give expert advice, information and support – Caring can sometimes feel like a battle. We’re in your corner to help and guide you through being a carer in Wales.
- We campaign to make carers’ lives better – When you join us you also become part of a movement for change. We won’t stop until every carer gets the support they need.
- We innovate to find new ways to reach and support carers.
- Expert advice and information:
- Carers Wales’ goal is to make life better for carers. Carers tell us that one of the most important things they need is expert advice and information. We provide this – though information guides, our website www.carersuk.org/wales and someone to talk to through our freephone Carers UK
Adviceline 0808 808 7777.
We also campaign on the behalf of carers. This campaigning is directed by the voice of carers through our members.
Membership of Carers Wales is free. When you join Carers Wales you will receive information about the latest news about caring in Wales, access to our online carer forum and add your voice to reflect the needs of carers in Wales. You’ll become part of a supportive community and a movement for change. For more information and to join go to: https://www.carersuk.org/how-you-can-help/join-us?nsrc=wal
Supporting local carers:
Carers Wales looks to support local carers by holding information stands, talks and supporting groups. To achieve this goal, we have a volunteering program that trains people to do these activities.
There are multiple volunteering opportunities available:
- Events volunteer – These volunteers go to events and public spaces to provide information and advice to carers in the community.
- Local awareness volunteer – These volunteers take leaflets, information guides and posters to places like GP surgeries, supermarkets and libraries so as many carers as possible can get the vital information they need for their caring role.
- Insight volunteer – These volunteers work alongside the Carers Wales team to help guide our work and make sure carers’ voices are strongly heard in everything we do.
- Social Media volunteer – These volunteers spread information and advice about caring through social media to reach carers in the digital world.
- Representative volunteers – These volunteers sit on local council and health authority boards across Wales to make sure a strong carers voice is heard in all services. We support these volunteers in their role with the right information and support they need to make Wales a more carer friendly place.
If you would be interested in volunteering for Carers Wales in one or more of these roles, contact email@example.com
Do you run a group for carers? Become a group member of Carers Wales and we provide you with talks, all our latest information guides and exclusive information to help keep your group up to date with caring in Wales. To join this free service, contact firstname.lastname@example.org