Cowbridge Road East, Canton, Cardiff CF5 1JD
Telephone: 029 2036 8888
Diverse Cymru is a
unique Welsh charity committed to supporting people faced with inequality and
discrimination because of age, disability, gender identity and reassignment, marriage
and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or beliefs, sex
and sexual orientation.
- Advice around welfare and benefits that helps people get the
support they need
- Direct payments services that let people receiving social services care
choose and manage the support that best suits their needs.
- Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) Mental Health project which provides a recovery based
project for BME people living in Cardiff & Vale of Glamorgan. We take a
holistic approach, use focused methods that promote recovery, empowerment and
independent living in the community. We aim to improve understanding about
mental health and the barriers that these communities face in accessing support
- BME Mental Health Volunteer and Engagement Programme - Diverse Cymru are
always looking for skilled and enthusiastic volunteers to help us deliver and
promote our services. Male and Female volunteers are welcome to support members
of the Black and Ethnic Minority (BME) community to fulfil their potential and
recover from mental ill health.
- Volunteer Roles – Befriending, Community Champions and
- Engagement opportunities – Service User and Carer Forum.
- Policy, Engagement and Training: Diverse Cymru is a specialist
provider of equality and diversity consultancy and training courses.
Our different projects
have different ways of referring; please get in touch to speak to one of our
team who will guide you through the process.