Adult Mental Health Services
Vale of Glamorgan Adult Services works in partnership with the Cardiff and Vale University Health Board in the Community Mental Health Teams (including the Community Forensic Team) and offers:
- Mental Health Care and Support Assessments
- Carers Assessments
- Information, Advice and Assistance
- Access to a range of support services that can help people to maintain their safety, wellbeing and independence.
- Access to a range of support services for carers to help carers maintain their own wellbeing while caring for adults with mental health problems.
- Access to Community Care/Care and Support Services, such as support at home or residential care for people with eligible care and support needs.
- Care Coordination for adults who need ongoing care and treatment.
- Approved Mental Health Professional Service at times of crisis or ill health.
The Vale of Glamorgan Community Mental Health Teams (CMHTs):
East Vale CMHT (Hafan Dawel), Avon House, 19 Stanwell Road, Penarth CF64 2EZ.
- covers Penarth, Sully and Dinas Powys.
Tel: 029 2071 0203
Barry CMHT (Amy Evans Centre), 190 Holton Road, Barry CF63 4HN.
- covers Barry and its surrounds, Rhoose, and areas East of the River Thaw.
Tel: 01446 733 331
Western Vale CMHT (Cowbridge Health Centre), The Broadshoard, Cowbridge CF71 7DA.
- covers Cowbridge, Llantwit Major, Llandow, St. Bride’s Major, Wick, Ogmore-by-Sea and St Athan.
Tel: 01656 763 131