Education Programme for Patients and Carers (EPP)
Free NHS, Self-Help programme for anyone with long-term health conditions (physical or mental health) or unpaid carers looking after a friend or family member.
Aims & Objectives:
The aim of the programme is to learn new skills to help self-manage long-term health conditions or being a carer.
It is a 6 week course (2½ hrs a week), delivered in the community.
- Learn techniques to help you manage tiredness, pain and the emotional changes brought about by your condition or caring situation.
- Learn ways to develop skills to help plan, problem-solve and become more positive.
- Learn ways to communicate most effectively with friends, family and health and social care professionals
- Learn ways to keep healthy, through diet, exercise and relaxation.
- And much, much more...
- A 6 week course; 2.5 hours per week, for anyone with any health problem—carers can also attend to enable them to look after their own health
- Carers Workshop 1 & 2 : 2-hour workshops –includes time to have a cuppa and chat to other carers
- Workshop 1: taking care of your mental health and wellbeing.
- Workshop 2: taking care of your physical health and wellbeing
Self Referral- just ring, text or email
Carol Young and Carol Stingl
EPP Cymru Co-ordinators,
NHS Education Programmes for Patients and Carers (EPP),
Room 26a, First Floor,
Cardiff Royal Infirmary,
Cardiff, CF24 0SZ
Office Telephone: 029 20335403
Mobile Telephone: 07976050178