Mind in the Vale of Glamorgan
Vale of Glamorgan
Voluntary Organisation. Registered Charity No. 1066411
Summary of aims & objectives:
Mind in the Vale of Glamorgan aims to develop services which:
- Are based on the wishes, needs and rights of people who use the service
- Work to support and empower people with mental health problems
- Assist in developing ‘good practice’ in mental health services.
- Raise public awareness of mental health services.
We provide three open access Mental Health Resource Centres which serve distinct geographical communities within the Vale of Glamorgan (East, Central and West Vale). They are:
- Mind in the Vale (Mental Health Resource Centre) Barry Centre
- Mind in the Vale (Mental Health Resource Centre) Penarth Centre
- Mind in the Vale (Mental Health Resource Centre & Outreach) Western Vale Project
- User-led social activities
- Information on a wide range of mental health and community resources
- Signposting to appropriate specialist and general support
- Access to well-being and complementary therapy groups/courses and training
- Activities & volunteering opportunities to help people fulfill vocational or educational potential
Mind in the Vale also run:
- Travellers in Mind Café Gallery - café and catering based work experience project and art gallery
- Charity Shops - Two shops, one in Barry and one in Llantwit Major, offering volunteering opportunities to Service Users. For more information contact the main office on 01446 730792.
All Mental Health Resource Centres are open referral. Referrals for vocational support and/or work experience (Travellers in Mind) can be made via the Main Office on 01446 730 792.
Main office: Mind in the Vale, 29 Tynewydd Road, Barry CF62 8HB
Tel: 01446 730792
Fax: 01446 700524