Cardiff & Vale
National Charity. Registered Charity No. 216401
Summary of aims & objectives:
See services below.
Sexual abuse theme:
- Sexual Abuse Hub: A specialised local offer of sexual abuse services, combining existing sexual abuse services with a structured advice and consultation service to bring greater local added value to the NSPCC sexual abuse offer, providing advice, guidance and support to professionals.
- Letting the Future In: A guided therapeutic service for sexually abused children and young people aged 4 to 17 years old and their safe (non-abusing) carer. We will work with children, helping them to explore and express their thoughts and feelings about their experiences, recover from the impact, and develop or strengthen the important supportive relationship between the child and their carers.
- Turn the Page (Harmful Sexual Behaviour): Assessment and (if suitable) treatment/intervention programme designed to address sexually problematic or harmful behaviours in young people from 5 – 17 year olds. The service aims to help them and their carers manage their behaviour and reduce the risk of repetition, by identifying and addressing underlying factors.
- Protect and Respect: A service for young people aged 11-19 who have been or are at risk of being sexually exploited. It is offered on three levels depending on the needs of the young person: Prevention – educating young people about keeping safe; risk reduction – when we’re really worried about a young person being at risk; recovery– for young people who have been hurt but are now in a safe place and need to make sense of what’s happened.
- Thriving Families: An integrated specialist delivery model for neglect which comprises a bespoke assessment and change services for families e.g. Positive Parenting Programme, Video Interaction Guidance and Safecare.
Other agencies [Social Services, GP’s, etc., etc.] by phone or letter. Self referral by phone.Referrals can be via other agencies (e.g Social Services etc) by phone (Thriving Families), letter or email (email@example.com).
Thriving Families Team Manager: Helena Jones
Sexual Abuse Services Acting Team Manager : Keith Buckler
Address: NSPCC Cymru/Wales, Diane Engelhardt House, Unit 2, Treglown Court,Dowlais Road, Cardiff, CF24 5LQ.
Tel: 029 20 10 80 80