Terrence Higgins Trust Cymru
Independent Voluntary Sector
Summary of aims objectives:
- To reduce the spread of HIV and STIs and promote good sexual health
- To provide services which improve the health and quality of life of those affected
- To campaign for greater public understanding of the personal, social and medical impact of HIV and sexual ill health.
- National rate helpline – THT Direct 0845 12 21 200 - weekdays 10am-6pm
- Community support
- Face-to-face counselling
- Support groups for those living with or affected by HIV/Hepatitis
- Trust fund that makes grants available to people with HIV in South Wales
- HIV awareness training to external agencies
- Awareness raising activities such as World AIDS Day
- Information and leaflets to professionals in related fields
- Weekly social care clinics at GUM departments
- FASTEST: 1-hour HIV testing on Tuesdays 6-8pm
- Anyone, regardless of HIV status, can access our Helpline for support and HIV information in the first instance.
- Self-referrals for community support and counselling are acceptable but we may need a reference from your social worker or health adviser before we can work under any long-term care package.
- Trust Fund applications can be from support services or self-referral.
Steve Jones, National Manager, Terrence Higgins Trust (THT) Cymru, Limerick House, 23 Churchill Way, Cardiff, CF10 2HE.
Tel: 029 2066 6465
Fax: 029 2066 6465