The aim of the Group is to improve services for people with mental health needs from black and minority ethnic communities (aged 16+) in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan by:
• Raising awareness
• Improving access
• Influencing service development
• To provide a collective voice for groups with an interest in mental health from a black and minority ethnic perspective to inform the planning and delivery of services
• To provide an opportunity for networking and building partnerships for action - a place for people to share initiatives, information, and expertise.
• To be responsible for drafting and delivering on a jointly agreed action plan
• To build awareness of early intervention & transition in mental health services from children through to young people through to adults.
Meeting dates 2015: