Vale of Glamorgan
Registered Charity No. 1061381
Summary of aims & objectives:
The over-riding purpose of the organisation is to support the Carer of someone, who late in life has developed a mental illness such as dementia or severe depression, living in the Vale of Glamorgan. To meet this aim, the organisation recruits and trains Care Workers to provide respite care which may be in a domiciliary, social or day care setting. The service reduces stress in families/persons responsible for care, avoids the unnecessary admission to hospital or residential care, supplements and complements existing statutory services, and maintains a high standard of care.
- Discussion with the Carer about their own needs and the needs of the person they care for.
- On-going reassessment of Carer’s needs and those of the person for whom they care.
- Trained Care Workers who provide emotional and practical support in a domiciliary setting to the Carer and cared-for person, covering many parts of the 24 hour day, 365 days a year, as resources permit.
- Free Individual Counselling Service provided by a qualified counsellor.
- Carers Support & Social Groups; advice, support and information
Care for the cared-for person is also available in:
- Day Centre on Barry Island
- Weekly lunch and social clubs in Penarth and Barry
- Afternoon club in Barry
Transport is provided to and from the group activities. Care Workers are responsible caring for the individuals in a friendly social atmosphere, in order to increase their self esteem and quality of life. The service is run by paid trained staff.
Easy access – a telephone call to the office from Carers themselves, friends, relatives and Health & Social Services staff.
Tina Tipples, Crossroads Care, West House Cottage, Stanwell Road, Penarth, CF64 2YG
Tel: 029 2070 0057
Email: [email protected]
If any data is incorrect, please contact us to report it.