Aims and Objectives:
- To be the preferred provider of community based housing and support
- To deliver customer focused, high quality services which give value for money
- To be flexible, innovative, and responsive in customer service
The Support Services department provides temporary, supported accommodation to young, homeless women, mothers and babies in three projects in Cardiff. Accommodation may be offered to pregnant women, mothers with a baby up to the age of 2 years and young, single women who are aged between 16 and 25, homeless and with support needs. Each project specialises in offering a comprehensive support package tailored to meet the needs of the individual and to equip them to move on to independent living.
Applying for accommodation:
Ty Enfys and Ty Seren:
Homeless women aged 16 – 25 with support needs may apply to these projects. Applicants may self-refer or be referred by outside agencies and will be given an appointment for an assessment of their housing and support needs. Based on this assessment, accommodation will be offered to applicants according to need and whether the projects can provide the support that will most benefit them. For further information about applying for accommodation please telephone the projects.
Ty Enfys – Ninian Road, Cardiff CF23 5EP, Tel: 029 2049 4729
Ty Seren – Newport Road, Cardiff , Tel: 029 2049 7379
Ty Haul is primarily a move-on facility for women from Ty Seren who no longer require the level of support offered at that project. Applications are made to the Project Manager at Ty Seren and an assessment carried out with the applicant and Ty Seren and Ty Haul staff to establish their suitability for the project. Although priority will be given to women resident at Ty Seren, applicants from other supported housing projects may also be considered.
Ty Haul – Cowbridge Road East, Canton, Cardiff , Tel: 029 2049 7379
Taff has had a floating support service since 1996 and was developed as the Association believes that everybody has a right to a home and recognises that some people may need support to settle successfully, feel comfortable and maintain their own homes. The service has developed over the years and in addition to supporting people who are either Taff Tenants or who are on the waiting list for a Taff property the Association has been awarded contracts to support people in the Vale of Glamorgan, Newport Housing Trust and Cardiff County Council. In addition to providing generic support the project has developed specialist expertise in support for Older People, Young People and Forensic clients. The Service consists of four teams who support:
- Taff Housing Association Tenants/applicants
- Cardiff Council Tenants Forensic clients
- Older People (covers Cardiff and Newport)
- Vale of Glamorgan Council Tenants
What can the Tenant Support Project do?
A support worker can help in the following areas:
- Moving into a new home, including applying for grants and buying furniture
- Claiming benefits
- Managing money
- Paying bills and budgeting
- Tenancy advice – trying to sort out rent arrears
- Neighbour disputes etc
- Help with forms and other paperwork
- Advice and emotional support about things such as lack of confidence, depression and anxiety
- Mental health difficulties
- Alcohol and drug use
- Acquiring daily living skills
- Accessing other support agencies and talking to those agencies if needed.
Address: Alexander House, 307-315 Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff CF5 1JD
Tel: (029) 2025 9100
Fax: (029) 2025 9199
If any data is incorrect, please contact us to report it.