Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan, Merthyr Tydfil, Rhondda Cynon Taf.
Registered Charity No. 296645
Summary of aims & objectives:
Alzheimer’s Society is the UK ‘s leading support and research charity for people with dementia, their families and carers.
Alzheimer’s Society champions the rights of people living with dementia and the millions of people who care for them.
Alzheimer’s Society supports people to live well with dementia today and funds research to find a cure for tomorrow.
- Carers support groups
- Dementia Cafes
- Wide range of information and fact sheets on dementia, caring and related topics
- Support to access local services
- Annual newsletter
- Young people with dementia project
- Specialist day care service with transport
- Training in dementia care
- Information sessions for Carers
- Dementia support service & befriending
- Various activity groups, ie. singing for the brain, life stories, film club
- BME befriending service
- Advocacy service
- Community support service
- National helpline
Open referral system (through other agencies or privately)
Melanie Andrews, Operations Manager
Davinia Green, Services Manager
Helen DeAbreu, Day Service Manager
Jan McKenzie and Barbara Byrne, Locality Administrators
Oldwell Court, Ty Gwyn Road, Penylan, Cardiff CF23 5DA
Tel: 029 2043 4960
Email: [email protected]
If any data is incorrect, please contact us to report it.