If you are looking for mental health organisations or resources in Cardiff and the Vale we have links and information in two cavamh directories:
- the Mental Health Services Directory for all ages, groups, individuals and services;
- and Directions our guide to mental health services for older people in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan.
Mental Health Services Directory
This is our main directory and contains contact details, links and information about mental health service provision in and around Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan.
It includes information for statutory and voluntary sector services and is a source of information for all ages, groups and individuals and services.
Search the Mental Health Directory either by using a keyword or by clicking on the relevent section via the categories list, if you know the name of the orgnisation or service that you are looking for you can click on the A-Z link below. You can also use part words or intitials in the keyword search box. If you would like to be included in our directory click here: Directory Inclusion Request
‘Directions’ Mental Health Directory
Our guide to mental health services for older people in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan.
View the Directions Mental Health Directory
Directions 2019 is in three parts:
- Directory of services for older people with mental health problems and their carers
- Local services directory (Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan)
- National services directory
- Carer support groups (Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan)
- Understanding the condition
- Caring for a person with dementia
- Caring for a person with late life mental illness
- Carers assessment and carers allowance
- Financial aspects of caring
- Legal/protection aspects of caring
- Book list useful reading
- Useful websites
- Other languages
- are you involved
- A Handbook of information on caring
- A Handbook of financial information
NOTE Directions also includes information relevant to younger people with dementia.
Please help us keep directory entries up to date. The contents are not exhaustive and we welcome additions, amendments and updates to this information.