Cardiff & the Vale
Local Mental Health Development Service. Registered Charity No. 1148312. Company No. 8000094
Summary of aims & objectives:
Cavamh works to progress mental health services by service user, carer and voluntary sector involvement, through networking, liaison with planners, providers and commissioners, and providing information, training and developmental support for organisations and service user/carer groups.
As a mental health development service, cavamh works with:
- The voluntary sector with an interest in mental health through Cardiff and Vale Mental Health Forum (see below)
- People using mental health services through Sefyll
- People using older people’s mental health services and carers through Nexus
Our key functions include:
Networking – co-ordinating networks to provide a voice for voluntary sector groups with an interest in mental health, service users and carers
Representation – co-ordinating representation in local joint planning groups
Consultation – co-ordinating responses and proposals from the networks
Training – providing a regular training programme
Information – sharing information via newsletters and e-bulletins, website, social media, and through online mental health service directories
Development Support – supporting the development of new initiatives, providing mental health funding advice
Mental Health Promotion and Awareness – through for example, the promotion of World Mental Health Day, mental health awareness training etc.
Cardiff and Vale Mental Health Forum:
This is a forum for voluntary sector groups with an interest in mental health across Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. The Forum, currently with a membership of 89 groups, meets monthly to share information and good practice, co-ordinate the voluntary sector voice in the planning and delivery of services respond to policy development and work in partnership on new initiatives.
- Interest groups meet according to the interests of members- these currently include housing and black and minority ethnic mental health.
- An annual training programme is available
- Information is shared regularly via e-bulletin, website and social media
- The Mental Health Services Directory for Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan is updated and available on the cavamh website.
- For more information on the Mental Health Forum, membership details and the Mental Health Services Directory- see www.cavamh.org.uk
To become a member of cavamh and the Mental Health Forum contact us.
For more information contact:
Linda Newton (Director)
Carol Cooke (Office Manager)
Caroline Fellows (Information and Admin Officer)
Tel: 029 2022 2000
Email: [email protected]
If any data is incorrect, please contact us to report it.