Cardiff and Vale Mental Health Forum (MHF)
cavamh supports voluntary sector groups with an interest in mental health through the Mental Health Forum – the network for any voluntary sector group with an interest in mental health operating in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. This includes all sorts of groups from small local peer support groups to local or larger national agencies. Statutory and independent sector members are welcome to attend as observers and take part in discussions.
Through this we offer:
- meetings to co-ordinate the voice of the voluntary sector, identify unmet need and contribute to the planning and delivery of services;
- opportunities to debate, network and share good practice, news and promote joint working;
- interest groups (operating as sub groups with separate emailing lists) for info and action;
- annual training programme;
- development workshops;
- information updates, e-bulletins, newsletters;
- support for the development of organisations and groups.
The Forum develops an annual action plan based on an annual review and the interests of members.
Current interest groups include:
- Black and Minority Ethnic Group (BME)
- Counselling Services Group (for organisations providing counselling)
- Voluntary Sector Liaison Meetings
- Young People’s involvement
- Vale Members Group
Mailing Groups include:
- Older People
- Co-ocurring Substance Misuse/Mental Health
- Creative Activities
Groups may vary according to the interest of members
Join the Mental Health Forum and cavamh
We welcome new members. To become a member of the Mental Health Forum please fill in the cavamh membership form here.
Joining any of our networks or forums is considered an application for membership of cavamh as well. For more information on cavamh and membership download the information leaflet. Membership is free!
- Receive our Mental Health Forum e-bulletins and newsletters Join the Mental health Forum mailing list and receive fortnightly info about meetings, events, activities, news and opportunities. Read current or past e-bulletins and Network News
- Check out our directories – You’ll find a wealth of mental health related information and organisations in the Mental health Services Directory, our Mental health forum covid services summary, themed booklets on counselling Services, Young People’s services, services for BAME communities; also see the GP training menu, and the leaflet produced by the MHF- ’Feeling Down, Some Ways to Help’…we welcome your agency updates!
- Browse our booklist Or if you’ve read a mental health related book that you found helpful, email us with your review of the book and we’ll add it to our virtual book shelf.
- View our gallery.
- Watch videos and listen to podcasts You’ll find a range of topics covered in our videos and podcasts or if you have a burning issue or topic, let us know and we can co-produce or share it.
- Follow us on social media Find the latest up to date information on groups, meets and other useful info on our Twitter @Cavamh feeds.
Meetings and interest groups
“The real value of these meetings lies in sharing different perspectives, different takes- the opportunity to be reflective- at a time in lockdown when things are new for all of us. Definitely want to continue with these’…… its been really helpful coming along to this – so useful to get advice and hear about where my (homelessness) agency can access counselling services”
“Its really valuable to be able to share needs, experiences, ideas during this covid time, and explore how we can respond most effectively. We need to keep connected”…
“The course was really thorough and provided me with a good understanding of who does what were in mental health. I am now better placed to understand and advise service users on where to go for MH support”……
“Many thanks for that and also this wonderful digest of interesting and useful stuff! … such good info & updates,- my word you didn’t miss a beat.”
“The updates are fab as usual and really keeps me connected to what is going on in the community.”