Cancer Charity. Registered Charity No. 1054015
Summary of aims & objectives:
At Tenovus Cancer Care our aims are simple. We want to help prevent, treat and find a cure for cancer.
We do this by offering support, advice and treatment to cancer patients and their loved ones. We also promote healthy lifestyles and fund cancer research to find new ways to prevent it, diagnose it, and treat it.
We do this where it is needed most – right at the heart of the community.
We want a future where…
- Fewer people get cancer
- Everyone with cancer will have equal access to excellent treatment and support
We will work in partnership to deliver innovative research-led cancer prevention, treatment and support in the community to people with the greatest need, initially in Wales.
To deliver this vision, we have agreed a set of 4 strategic aims for the organisation for the next five years. They are:
Aim 1 – To provide support and enable treatment to cancer patients and their families closer to home in unique ways.
Aim 2 – To represent the needs of cancer patients and their families.
Aim 3 – To conduct and fund research to improve cancer outcomes and experience.
Aim 4 – To work with communities to develop and implement realistic cancer prevention and healthy lifestyle programmes.
- Support groups
- Benefits and entitlement advice
- Freephone cancer support line – 0808 808 1010
- Cancer support managers to assist with complex problems such as family concerns or housing crises
- Help with accessing other services such as wig fitting, legal advice, employment assistance and complimentary therapies
- Mobile unit – delivering treatment, health checks and initiatives in communities in Wales
Anyone can make a referral by calling the Tenovus freephone cancer support line on 0808 808 1010
Tenovus Cancer Care, Gleider House, Ty Glas Road, Cardiff CF14 5BD.
Tel – cancer support line: 0808 808 1010
Tel – main line: 02920 768 850
Fax: 029 2076 8888
If any data is incorrect, please contact us to report it.