Summary of aims & objectives:
Cardiff Women’s Aid (CWA) offers advice and advocacy, information, emergency temporary accomodation (refuge), reactive and crisis intervention and counselling to women (and their children if they have any) who are fleeing domestic abuse. We have a range of services for children including counselling for young people. We offer pattern-changing programmes for adults and work preventatively with children and young people.
- The Crisis Intervention Centre is open 9am-8pm, Monday to Friday – no appointment is necessary up until 5pm, but appointments must be made for sessions between 5-8pm. Telephone advice can be given if preferred. The Crisis Intervention Centre offers advice, information and access to safe accommodation either within CWA, or with another Women’s Aid Group or referral to Homeless Department for accommodation.
- Emergency on-call service outside office hours, weekends and bank holidays.
- Four direct-access refuges, one of which is staffed 24/7, one second stage refuge.
- Floating Support
- Counselling Project
- Community Development Work
- Phoenix Lite Programme
- Children and Young People Services
Women can refer themselves, or can be referred by any agency or family member/friend.
Cardiff Women’s Aid, 16 Moira Terrace, Adamsdown, Cardiff CF24 0EJ
Tel: 029 2046 0566
Fax : 029 2048 4097
If any data is incorrect, please contact us to report it.