Vale of Glamorgan
Registered Charity No. 1034188
Summary of aims & objectives:
Atal Y Fro is a unique organisation dedicated to the elimination of domestic abuse.
We do this by:-
- Sustaining and developing work relations with partners & stakeholders
- Raising awareness, informing and educating communities in the Vale on Domestic Abuse, its causes, consequences and prevention
- Continuing to provide and develop specialist services available to all stakeholders
- Consistently monitoring and evaluating our services
- Raising the profile of Atal Y Fro
- Practical and emotional support to women and their children (if any) who are suffering the effects of DA
- Information – enabling women and their children (if any) to make informed decisions on the options open to them
- Assisting women suffering DA in gaining confident independence from their abusers, leading ultimately to the empowerment of the women through the encouragement of self help
- Emergency temporary accommodation if necessary
- The Dispersed Housing project provision has been created to meet the needs of individuals or families who do not meet the criteria for current refuge. We aim to be inclusive of all gender (i.e. male, female, LGBT) and families needs that are to be supported in managing the temporary accommodation.
- Access to accommodation through other Women’s Aid organisations in most parts of U.K.
- Times of opening – 9.30am-4.30pm , Monday – Friday
- Live Fear Free Helpline providing 24 hour support on 0808 80 10 800
Any person or organisation can refer.
Atal Y Fro, 198 Holton Road, Barry, Vale of Glamorgan, CF63 4HN.
Tel: 01446 744755 (Office hours)
24hr on-call: 0808 80 10 800
If any data is incorrect, please contact us to report it.