Vale of Glamorgan (some Vale and Cardiff service areas covered)
Voluntary organisation. Registered Charity No. 1163193. Company No. 9517850.
Summary of aims & objectives:
GVS is an independent charity and has a flourishing membership of voluntary and community organisations active in the Vale of Glamorgan. We help to improve the quality of life of people and communities by supporting volunteers, volunteering opportunities and voluntary groups.
GVS delivers an array of quality services to meet the needs of voluntary groups. We are a one stop shop for the voluntary sector. We champion best practice throughout voluntary organisations so that they excel in delivering their aims and objectives.
GVS empowers voluntary groups, providing many channels of engagement and quality services to enable them to excel at serving their communities. Our role is to provide information, advice and guidance on all aspects of volunteering for both volunteers and recruiting organisations. Our expert services help to provide a platform for a vibrant and robust voluntary sector.
- Free funding searches and advice
- Free assistance with developing policies, procedures and constitutions
- Low cost professional printing
- Design service including leaflets etc.
- Free advertising in our magazine, on our website and in our e-bulletins
- Low cost and free training
- Involvement in our Networks and Forums
- Participation in joint working with statutory and other agencies
GVS facilitates the following networks and fora:
- Vale Voluntary Action and Community Development Network
- Vale Health, Social Care & Well Being Network
- Vale Trustee Network
- Vale Housing & Homelessness Forum
Anyone can make referrals by calling the number given below.
GVS (Glamorgan Voluntary Services), Barry Community Enterprise Centre, Skomer Road, Barry CF62 9DA
Tel: 01446 741706
If any data is incorrect, please contact us to report it.