National Charity. Registered Charity No. 246329
Summary of aims & objectives:
Carers Wales is here to improve carers’ lives and with Carers UK:
- We connect carers so no-one has to care alone – By joining us you become part of a community of carers who can support you through the ups and downs of looking after someone.
- We give expert advice, information and support – Caring can sometimes feel like a battle. We’re in your corner to help and guide you through being a carer in Wales.
- We campaign to make carers’ lives better – When you join us you also become part of a movement for change. We won’t stop until every carer gets the support they need.
- We innovate to find new ways to reach and support carers.
Expert advice and information:
Carers Wales is a small charity. We cover the whole of Wales and are faced with a big task to improve carers’ lives. Carers tell us that one of the most important things they need is expert advice and information. We provide this – though leaflets, our website www.carersuk.org/wales and someone to talk to through our freephone Carers UK Adviceline 0808 808 7777.
We do a lot but much more is needed.
Membership of Carers UK is free. When you join Carers UK we’re with you every step of the way. You’ll become part of a supportive community and a movement for change. For more information: https://www.carersuk.org/how-you-can-help/join-us?nsrc=wal
Supporting local carers:
We are recruiting volunteers as Carers Wales Local Ambassadors who will represent Carers Wales in their local carer communities, recruiting and welcoming new members, raising awareness of the services and support available to carers and the issues affecting carers.
Aims of the Ambassador role:
• To make new Carers Wales members feel more valued by and connected to the organisation and other carers
• To raise awareness of the services available to carers
• To improve Carers Wales support to individual carers at a local level
• Represent the voice of carers in the local area
• Influencing the provision of local services and support for carers
Giving support at a local level:
Enabling and encouraging carers to help other carers is part of Carers UK’s heritage and continuing this is a core part of our work to improve carers’ lives. Our members told us that we should be doing more to support carers at a local level and the development of Local Ambassadors is partly a response to this.
Our aim is to have one or two Local Ambassadors per county across Wales, who can support carers, provide information and represent carers to local social services meetings. www.carersuk.org/how-you-can-help/volunteer/carers-uk-local-ambassador
Working alongside local organisations and professionals:
The aim of the Ambassador role to is complement other services available, sign post to available support, attend meetings where a carer’s voice is needed, supporting the ethos of joint working and co-production. We hope you will make good use of our Ambassadors.
Anyone can contact us by telephone on 029 2081 1370 or at [email protected]
Tel: 029 2081 1370
Email: [email protected]
If any data is incorrect, please contact us to report it.