Cardiff & Vale
Registered Charity No. 258197.
Summary of aims & objectives:
Our aim is to find a cure and improve life for everybody affected by Parkinson’s Disease which is a complex, progressive, neurodegenerative condition that has a significant impact on all aspects of life for the person affected and their family. We do this through:
Providing expert information on Parkinson’s via our helpline, website, printed materials and local advisers.
Funding ground breaking research into the condition – the causes, symptoms, effective treatments and ultimately a cure.
Offering local friendship and support to those living with the condition, their families and carers via a network of volunteer-led groups. At present we have 27 local groups across Wales.
Campaigning for fair treatment and uniform access to high quality services regardless of where people live and improving decision makers and the general public’s understanding of the condition which affects over 8,500 people in Wales (a number which is only set to grow as we develop an increasingly elderly population).
- Parkinson’s Local Adviser
- Branch and Support Groups
– Cardiff Branch: Bethel United Reformed Church, Community Hall, Llangranog Road, Llanishen, 2nd Tuesday of the month at 11am.- Parkinson’s Cafés Cardiff: – Whitchurch Community Centre, Old Church Road, Whitchurch, CF14 1AD – 1st Tuesday of the month 11.00-12.45- Rhydypenau Library, Llandennis Rd, Cyncoed CF23 6EG – 3rd Monday of the month 10.30-12.30- St Mellons Community Hub, Crickhowell Rd, Cardiff CF3 OEF – 3rd Tuesday of the month 10.30-12.30- Ely & Caerau Community Hub, Cowbridge Road, West, Cardiff CF5 5BQ – 1st Wednesday of the month 10.30.-12.30
– Vale of Glamorgan Support Group: Resource Centre, Murchfield Hall, Sunnycroft Lane, Dinas Powys. 1st Tuesday of the month at 2pm
- Parkinson’s Nurse Specialist
- Parkinson’s UK Helpline: 0800 800 0303
- Website: parkinsons.org.uk
Referrals to the Local Adviser Service should be made through Delyth Pritchard (see contacts below). Other services and information can be accessed using the contact details below.
Parkinson’s Local Adviser
Contact Delyth Pritchard
Tel: 0344 225 3718
Parkinson’s Nurse Specialist
Contact Tracey Williams or Sandra Mahon
Tel: 029 20313838
Parkinson’s UK Helpline
Tel: 0800 800 0303
If any data is incorrect, please contact us to report it.