CCAWS – Charity No. 1177025, Voluntary Sector.
Area: Cardiff & South East Wales
Aims & Objectives
CCAWS is a local mental health charity based in Cardiff supporting the diverse communities of Cardiff & South East Wales. We are a multi-linguistic and culturally sensitive mental health and wellbeing service, specialising in support for people from BAME communities.
Our vision: A stronger community built on resilience and an increased awareness of mental and social well-being.
Our mission: To help people learn and develop mental, emotional, social and spiritual strength for life.
- Counselling – provided in a number of languages, including English, Urdu, Arabic, French, Russian, Spanish, Bengali and Polish. Since the COVID pandemic counselling has been delivered online via Zoom or by telephone.
- Befriending – 1:1 friendship support [currently virtual via telephone or Zoom]
- Advocacy – 1:1 support with accessing information and securing rights. Issues include difficulties with housing, benefits, etc.
- Psycho-education Workshops on Managing Stress
, Overcoming Anxiety
, Managing Difficult Emotions
& Developing Self-Esteem
- Friendship groups
- Language Interpreters [volunteers]
Referrals We accept self-referrals, by telephone, email, or through our contact page on our website. People can also drop in to our office to make a referral. Voluntary Sector and all healthcare professionals can also refer. A referral form can be downloaded from our website or can be requested by email or telephone.
Opening hours: We are open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Contact: Fehmida Ahmed, Charity Manager, 62 Whitchurch Road, Cardiff, CF14 3LX.
Phone: 02920 345294 Mobile: 07549281635
Email: [email protected]
If any data is incorrect, please contact us to report it.