Voluntary Sector Charity No. 1029186
Summary of aims & objectives:
To relieve the mental and physical distress of women, men, children or young people who have suffered rape, sexual abuse or trauma, or have been affected by sexual crime. We aim to promote education and research into the subject of Sexual Abuse and the effect it has on women, men, children and young people, whether medical, social and/or psychological.
We also aim to raise awareness of the issues surrounding sexual crime, alerting people to the dangers and educating people, so that myths and stereotypes surrounding the nature of Rape and Sexual Abuse can be dismissed. We are committed to providing empathy, care and respect to those whose pain may have been hidden for years, enabling them to find the strength and courage to regain control of their life and achieve their full potential.
- Counselling for women and men who have suffered rape or sexual abuse.
- Counselling for children and young people who have been affected by any kind of trauma, including in particular sexual abuse.
- Our Outlook Project provides counselling and support to offenders who have been affected by rape, sexual abuse or trauma.
- The operation and management of 4 Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARCs) in Merthyr Tydfil, Risca (near Newport), Swansea and Carmarthen.
- Pre-court support and advice to adult victims of rape or sexual abuse.
- Pre-court support and advice to children & young people who have been victims of rape or sexual abuse.
- Our Hear to Listen Project which provides telephone counselling and support.
- BSL counselling services for deaf and hard of hearing people.
- Specialist support for professionals working in the field of rape and sexual abuse.
- Specialist training for various voluntary and statutory organisations.
Self referral by telephone or letter or referral via GPs, psychologists, voluntary or statutory agencies.
We have offices in Merthyr Tydfil, Risca, Swansea, Carmarthen, Bridgend, Newport and Aberystwyth so people living in other areas would need to travel to one of our offices.
Jackie Stamp, Chief Executive Officer
New Pathways, Willow House, 11 Church Street, Merthyr Tydfil CF47 0BW
Tel: 01685 379310Fax: 01685 384640
New Pathways, 20-21 High St, Newport, Gwent NP20 1FW
Tel: 01633 250 205
New Pathways, 6 Gaylard Building, Court Road, Bridgend CF31 1BD
Tel: 01656 750115
Email : [email protected]
Website : www.newpathways.org.uk
If any data is incorrect, please contact us to report it.