Education Programme for Patients and Carers (EPP)
Free NHS, Self-Help programme for anyone with long-term health conditions (physical or mental health) or unpaid carers looking after a friend or family member.
Aims & Objectives:
The aim of the programme is to learn new skills to help self-manage long-term health conditions or being a carer.
Cardiff and Vale Provide 6 week courses (2½ hrs a week), delivered face-to-face in the community and online.
- Learn techniques to help you manage tiredness, pain and the emotional changes brought about by your condition or caring situation.
- Learn ways to develop skills to help plan, problem-solve and become more positive.
- Learn ways to communicate most effectively with friends, family and health and social care professionals
- Learn ways to keep healthy, through diet, exercise and relaxation.
- And much, much more...
1. 6 week courses (2.5 hours per week):
- Living Well with a Long-term Health Condition for anyone living with any health problem -carers can also attend to enable them to look after their own health.
- Living Well with Chronic Pain (fibromyalgia, arthritis, etc).
- Living Well with Diabetes (type 2).
2. Carers Workshops for taking care of your mental, physical health and well-being
Self Referral- just ring, text or email