Purpose of the role and why we need you:
We need you to help and support local shops, businesses, and organisations across the city to become Dementia Friendly. Encourage them to take action to become more welcoming, accessible and provide better support for their clients who are living with dementia. Organisations can make a big difference; they are the front line of interaction with people living with dementia in Cardiff.
What you will do as a Dementia Friendly Ambassador:
- Call into local shops, businesses, and organisations within Cardiff to encourage them to become Dementia Friendly, explaining the benefits and the importance
- Help organisations identify steps to be more welcoming and accessible for people living with dementia
- Help organisations examine their physical environment to encourage changes or improvements to become Dementia Friendly environments
- Support organisations with information resources and advice on how to become recognised as Dementia Friendly
- Help organisations to receive official recognition from Alzheimer’s Society – ‘Working to become Dementia Friendly’ logo
- Signpost organisations to Dementia Friends sessions for their staff
- Feedback information or questions from businesses and organisations to the Dementia Friendly Volunteer Coordinator.
The volunteer role is flexible and would suit anyone who is willing to connect with the community and is passionate about making Cardiff a Dementia Friendly City.
We recognise the important and valuable contribution volunteers provide by giving up their time. In return you will feel valued, have a sense of belonging and receive appropriate training, support, and supervision.
How to apply:
If you have any questions or are interested in the Dementia Friendly Ambassador role, please get in touch with:
Chloe – Dementia Friendly Volunteer Coordinator