Every day, our volunteers give their time and effort to make an incredible difference to families across 18 local authorities in Wales. Without them, we couldn’t be there for families when they need it most.
Becoming a Home-Start Cymru volunteer enables us to improve the lives of families by encouraging parents to develop the knowledge, skills and resilience to enable their children to thrive.
Following a recent rise in referrals in your community, we are now actively recruiting additional volunteers locally. Therefore, we are looking for people to join our friendly team of volunteers to make a difference and help Home-Start Cymru reach more families in need.
What we’re looking for
- A parent, grandparent, carer, someone with parenting experience or students who would like a career working with families
- Good communication skills, including an ability to listen and understand the need for support
- A sensitive and caring attitude towards others with a non-judgemental attitude
- Time and enthusiasm for Home-Start Cymru and support for our social media campaigns
- Commitment to visit or call a family member each week at a mutually agreed time
- A positive attitude to working with people of any gender, family status or sexual identity, or who are from any ethnic origin, culture or religion, or who may have a .