Black & Minority Ethnic Group [BME]
The aim of the Group is to improve services for people with mental health needs from black and minority ethnic communities (aged 16+) in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan by:
- Raising awareness
- Improving access
- Influencing service development
- To provide a collective voice for groups with an interest in mental health from a black and minority ethnic perspective to inform the planning and delivery of services
- To provide an opportunity for networking and building partnerships for action – a place for people to share initiatives, information, and expertise.
- To be responsible for drafting and delivering on a jointly agreed action plan
- To build awareness of early intervention & transition in mental health services from children through to young people through to adults.