Focus Group Invite
Do you look after a relative or friend by helping them with their daily activities and needs?
We’d like your views on how Cardiff Council can support you.
Cardiff Council is working with carers charity Carers Wales, to review and reshape the support that is provided to unpaid carers. Unpaid carers are those who provide unpaid support and care for one or more people because they are ill; have a disability; are vulnerable; have a mental health condition; have an active addiction; or are older.
We would like to give an overview of training and support that is already available and invite unpaid carers to share feedback on what is provided and what else would be helpful. We are holding the following focus groups on the training and support that would help carers manage their day-to-day caring role:
- 18 September 10:00-12:00 at Cardiff Central Library
- 19 September 2023 10:00-12:00 online via Teams
We’re keen to hear your views on:
- Our current training and support offer
- What training or support would carers find helpful, e.g. manual handling, first aid?
- How would you like us to share information on training opportunities?
- How should training and support be delivered? Online, in person?
- Would support for emotional wellbeing and mental health be helpful?
- Would opportunities to meet with other carers be beneficial?
To book your place at these focus groups, please use this Eventbrite link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/700191490597?aff=oddtdtcreator
If you can’t make the event, we’d still love to hear your feedback, please email us at [email protected]