Cardiff & Vale of Glamorgan
Registered Charity No. 100889
Summary of aims & objectives:
Gofal is a mental health charity providing a range of community based services for people who experience mental health problems which includes people with other support needs, e.g. drug and alcohol problems.
- Tenant Support Scheme in Cardiff providing support to tenants with mental health problems across a number of different tenures including home owners and private tenancies.
- Cardiff Mental Health Floating Support Service – supporting individuals in the transition from 24hr care settings in to their own accommodation, providing individualised intensive packages of support 7 days a week.
- Vale Housing Support & Advice Project / Vale Hospital Link Work - information, advice and support on housing issues in the Vale / in-reach housing advice surgeries and support around finding accommodation while in hospital (CAW and Llanfair Unit).
- Vale Mental Health Dispersed Supported Housing / Tenancy Support Project - accommodation provided by RSL, support to tenants includes tenancy support from Gofal and intensive mental health rehabilitation support from the IRIS team under the UHB.
- Journeys counselling service (see separate entry for details)
Tenant Support Project - referral to Cardiff Tenancy Support Scheme
Mental Health Floating Support Service – referrals via Cardiff Social Services department
Housing Support & Advice Project - open referral, contact team for referral form (individuals, agencies, professionals)
Vale Dispersed Supported Housing Scheme - referral via the Care Co-ordinator through PARIS to the IRIS team, contact the office for further details
Kath Hudd, Senior Project Co-ordinator
Sarah Scire, Project Co-ordinator
1 Penylan Road, Cardiff CF24 3PG
Tel: 029 2045 3840
Vale Team Tel: 029 2089 5250