Atal y Fro (formerly Women's Aid, Vale of Glamorgan)
Vale of Glamorgan
Registered Charity No. 1034188
Summary of aims & objectives:
Atal Y Fro is a unique organisation dedicated to the elimination of domestic abuse.
We do this by:-
- Sustaining and developing work relations with partners & stakeholders
- Raising awareness, informing and educating communities in the Vale on Domestic Abuse, its causes, consequences and prevention
- Continuing to provide and develop specialist services available to all stakeholders
- Consistently monitoring and evaluating our services
- Raising the profile of Atal Y Fro
- Practical and emotional support to women and their children (if any) who are suffering the effects of DA
- Information - enabling women and their children (if any) to make informed decisions on the options open to them
- Assisting women suffering DA in gaining confident independence from their abusers, leading ultimately to the empowerment of the women through the encouragement of self help
- Emergency temporary accommodation if necessary
- The Dispersed Housing project provision has been created to meet the needs of individuals or families who do not meet the criteria for current refuge. We aim to be inclusive of all gender (i.e. male, female, LGBT) and families needs that are to be supported in managing the temporary accommodation. The project is currently being piloted until October 2017 with a view to moving forward into a more permanent accommodation.
- Refuge within the Vale of Glamorgan
- Access to accommodation through other Women's Aid organisations in most parts of Britain
- Times of opening - 9.30am-4.30pm , Monday - Friday
- 24hr telephone on-call service in operation 7 days a week
- Outreach service to women living in the community
- EPIC (Education, Prevention Intervention in the Community) - focused packages of services to help families break the cycle of abuse
- Offer separate direct services to male victims and perpetrators. Signpost male victims to appropriate service, offer men who take responsibility for their actions the opportunity to participate in a voluntary capacity in the Community IDAP/Men`s Group usually as part of the EIP package of services.
Any person or organisation can refer.
Atal Y Fro, 222 Holton Road, Barry, Vale of Glamorgan, CF63 4HS
Tel: 01446 744755 (Office hours)
24hr on-call: 0808 80 10 800